Home Links Contact Us Site Map Search
Finding Therapeutic Help

There are two main ways of accessing a play therapist or a practitioner of therapeutic play:

Using an independent play therapist or practitioner (for which you will have to pay a fee)

Using a therapist whose services are fully or partly funded by local authority children's, education, social, or health services, a charity or some other agency.

Consult a doctor if the child has a severe mental health problem.

Using an independent PTI registered play/creative arts therapist 1. Check the availability of PTI registered therapists - then use the enquiry form at the bottom of the page if you have a problem finding one

2. Check their PTI membership card - if in any doubt contact us.

3. Ask the therapist to carry out an assessment, then agree the objectives of the therapy, number of sessions and fees.

Home | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contacting PTA

Contents © 2008 Play Therapy Africa